Welcome from Ken Woffenden, Managing Partner
Welcome to our website. I hope that Stevens & Bolton’s distinctive spirit comes across from these pages. Ours is a firm of highly capable, distinctive individuals in whom you can have real confidence, partly because of their technical expertise, but also because they uphold our philosophy and share our values. We aim to engage and to support; absolute professionalism delivered with pragmatism and enthusiasm.
We are one of the largest teams of lawyers in the South outside London, independently recommended in 24 specialist practice areas by the leading independent legal directories and with widespread awards recognition.
Our single office approach ensures excellent communications and efficient co-ordination of our resources. We handle complex and strategic work for our clients, but appreciate the importance of value for money, commercial awareness and flexibility. International work is as important to us as our domestic practice and we regularly work with many carefully selected law firms around the world.
We are also lucky enough to enjoy what we do, primarily because of the great relationships we build with our many valued clients.
Please contact me, or any of our partners, if you would like more information.
Corporate social responsibility
Stevens & Bolton LLP is committed to being a responsible business and has full regard to the importance of diversity and of minimising our impact on the environment.
We aim to give everyone at the firm an opportunity to contribute to our local community and to ensure that wherever possible we are:
- Acting in an ethical manner
- Giving back to the local community
- Creating a positive working environment for our employees
- Minimising our impact on the environment
As well as pro bono legal services, we are actively involved with schools in our local area with staff acting as school governors, in mentoring programmes for GCSE students and in primary school reading and business simulation programmes. We are also involved as charity trustees, in charity fundraising and practical community projects. We are a founding donor of the Guildford Community Fund, a fund started as part of a new philanthropic movement in Guildford, to inspire local philanthropy to support the development of social enterprises and help disadvantaged and vulnerable people to develop their work skills.
As part of the commitment to corporate social responsibility our designated office charity is Oakleaf which is the only mental health charity in Surrey that provides vocational training for those suffering with mental health issues. The charity offers training in various skills enabling people to gain confidence and ultimately return to work. We also support Oxfam and the Yvonne Arnaud Theatre in Guildford.
- Short-listed national/regional law firm of the year in the Legal Business Awards 2013 and 2012
- UK and Ireland Regional Private Client Team of the Year 2011, STEP Awards
- Short-listed regional/national law firm of the year in The Lawyer Awards 2011 and 2010
- National/Regional Law Firm of the Year 2009, Legal Business Awards
- Corporate Law Firm of the Year 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011 South East Insider Dealmaker Awards
- Corporate Lawyer of the Year (Keith Syson) 2008, 2009 and 2011 South East Insider Dealmaker Awards
- Short-listed regional law firm of the year in the 2008, 2009, 2011 and 2012 British Legal Awards
- Best Recruiter in 2004 and 2007 (and shortlisted in 2008, 2009, 2012 and 2013), medium firm category at the LCN/TSG Awards
- Best Trainer in 2005 (and shortlisted in 2011), medium firm category at the LCN Awards
The leading directories to the UK legal profession, Chambers UK and The Legal 500, are published annually and list solicitors and firms in over 70 specialist areas of law.
Between them, they recommend the firm in 24 individual practice areas. To read the full commentary on the firm, please click on the below links:
Subscribe to our publication categories to receive regular updates.subscribe