Now the UK has served notice of departure on the EU, businesses involved in cross border trade need to ensure that their contracts are enforceable both pre and post Brexit. It is of vital importance that businesses involved in international trade can enforce rights and obligations in a fair and timely manner.
Brexit raises the prospect of changes to the UK’s current arrangements with EU jurisdictions for recognition and enforcement of jurisdiction clauses, judgments, governing law clauses and service arrangements.
It is therefore time for businesses to carry out a “health check” to make sure their contracts are suitable for trade both within and outside the EU.
- the benefits and drawbacks of choosing arbitration and litigation in international disputes
- key recent developments in international arbitration
- current law on jurisdiction in international disputes inside and outside the EU
- the potential impact of Brexit
- a checklist of key considerations when negotiating a contract
This event will be of interest to any business involved in cross border trade. It will be of particular interest to in-house lawyers, contract managers and risk managers.
This seminar is free to attend and includes refreshments.