Commercial expert to speak at CIM digital marketing seminar
Date:01 March 2010
Beverley Flynn, a partner in the commercial team at Stevens & Bolton LLP, will be speaking at the Chartered Institute of Marketing's 'Digital Marketing and the Law' seminar, being held on Thursday 29 April 2010 in Guildford.
Whether you are planning a new website, web advertising, sales promotion, SMS, viral or social networking campaigns, this seminar will highlight potential legal issues which can arise. It will also give tips to help you avoid falling foul of the law. This session will cover:
- Legal marketing and advertising controls - the layered approach
- Regulations and statutes - the key issues you need to be aware of
- Self regulation and codes of practice - what to look out for
- Cases of interest - the implications of adapting one campaign to meet the different legal criteria
- Data protection, privacy policies and the implications of cookies
- Email, interactive and SMS marketing - the do's and don'ts
The session will be valuable for any marketers who have a responsibility for devising, project-managing or advising on digital marketing. In-house legal team members would also find the session beneficial.
Beverley specialises in data protection, advertising and copy clearance and speaks at numerous seminars, contributes articles to leading legal publications and provides a wide range of clients with in-house training.
For further information about the seminar, please visit our seminar and events section.