Ranked as a 'National Leader outside London', our DISPUTE RESOLUTION team is focussed on delivering high quality service and value on complex domestic and cross-border disputes
From supplies of standard hardware and software products to maintenance contracts, bespoke contracts and consultancy arrangements our team has extensive experience of dealing with IT projects that run into problems.
Typically the team provides advice from the early stages of the dispute with a view to attempting to resolve the issues without the need to resort to litigation or arbitration.
Typical areas the team assists in are:
- Advising on contract dispute escalation and resolution procedures
- Payment issues
- Contract interpretation
- Potential breaches of contract and performance issues
- Licensing disputes
- Defending a specialist software provider against allegations of defects and system failure and claims for damages
- Advising a retail software provider in litigation with a customer concerning a major project implementation across the customer’s entire estate
- Acting for a consultant benchmarker in a dispute arising between its client and supplier as result of the benchmark findings. The consultant was drawn into the litigation as Part 20 defendant by the supplier