Our experienced and dedicated FAMILY team provides a bespoke service to guide and support clients skillfully though the challenges of family life
We understand what a traumatic experience marital breakdown can be so we know how important it is to get clear legal advice about a divorce as early as possible to help you better understand and deal with the process.
To obtain a divorce it is necessary to show that a marriage has irretrievably broken down. That is demonstrated in one of five different ways:
- One spouse has committed adultery and the other spouse finds it intolerable to live with that person
- One spouse has behaved unreasonably and the other spouse cannot reasonably be expected to live with them
- One spouse has deserted the other for a continuous period of two years before presentation of the divorce petition
- The spouses have lived separately and apart for a continuous period of two years before presentation of the divorce petition and the respondent spouse agrees to a decree being granted
- The spouses have lived separately and apart for a continuous period of five years before presentation of the divorce petition
Our advice on these emotive issues will be clear and pragmatic and we will guide you through the process as supportively as we can.