Our specialist AVIATION team provides high-flying technical advice from a grounded commercial perspective to clients across the globe
We have a passion for all things aviation, from aircraft to airports and from components to the software that drives mobile telecommunications.
We understand that aviation is a diverse market but that, fundamentally, it is bound together by a common drive and enthusiasm to push aviation forward and to maintain the highest standards of accuracy and service.
Our team has many years of experience in the aviation sector, providing all forms of legal services for aviation business, including:
- Aircraft owners, operators and lessors, both commercial and corporate jet, as well as turboprop and helicopters
- Air charter brokers and analysts
- Airports and the businesses that keep them running such as ground handling companies, catering companies, logistics and customer service companies.
- Cargo carriers, freight forwarders and logistics companies
- Parts suppliers, manufacturers and maintenance organisations
- Other suppliers, including specialist software providers, infrastructure and construction businesses and other sales agents.
Our passion for aviation drives a genuine interest in your business. We consider it imperative to understand in depth how the business works and what it truly wants from its legal advisors. This enables us to help shape and achieve strong commercial objectives with a solutions-based approach. This has led to members of our team being appointed as outsourced in-house counsel to substantial aviation clients.
- Advising an international leasing business with its acquisition and financing of two diverse aircraft engine portfolios and providing ongoing advice and support throughout the lives of the funds, to include leasing and trading matters.
- Advising the purchaser of an Airbus A319 aircraft on long term lease to an airline in the Far East.
- Providing strategic advice for an aircraft lessor in respect of debt recovery, potential lease terminations and subsequent repossession of aircraft following the lessee airline’s default under nine connected aircraft leases.