Construction & Engineering
Members of the team have previously worked in the construction and engineering industry prior to qualifying as lawyers, consequently they have practical experience of the issues involved in bringing projects to a successful conclusion and represent a wide range of clients undertaking technology, construction and engineering projects.
The team advises on a full range of legal issues associated with technology, construction and engineering projects, with particular experience in the following industries:
- Hotel and Leisure industry: advising on the professional appointments and construction contracts for the refurbishment of hotels in London, Edinburgh and St Petersburg, a new museum and concert hall in Israel and advising TGI Friday’s on projects in the UK
- Energy, Oil and Gas: advising on construction documentation for energy from waste plants in the UK
- Education: extensive experience advising colleges on the re-development of their buildings and currently advising on a £17 million redevelopment of a college of higher and further education. The team has advised on PFI documents, particularly the ICT and building contracts relating to secondary schools in south east of London, and are currently advising a primary school on the re-development of its building stock
- Developers: the team regularly advises residential and health care developers on the professional appointments, construction contracts, collateral warranties and bonds associated with these developments, liaising with the financiers’ lawyers, the professional team and contractor to achieve a successful outcome
- Dispute resolution: advising clients in relation to adjudication, arbitration and litigation on disputes connected with the hotel and leisure industry, railway infrastructure and a residential development. The team prides itself on resolving disputes without the costs of a trial, a recent example being the successful resolution of a dispute concerning defective steel work for an airport control tower at an international airport in the Middle East. The team has a specialism in party wall disputes acting for clients with projects in London and the south east