"Never Mind the Buzzwords"
This year our flagship legal seminar (formerly known as the CPD Bonanza) will cut through the jargon and give practical insights into what the current legal buzzwords mean for your business.
The event is aimed at lawyers and commercial people whose work touches on any of the areas we are covering. For solicitors it will help to address some of their competency requirements under the new SRA regime, particularly in relation to the maintenance of legal knowledge and developing options, strategies and solutions.
The session will provide opportunities for round-table discussion with other professionals and sharing of experience in an informal, friendly setting.
Keynote legal topics will include:
- Contracting for the future – What will contracts look like and liability mean in the world of blockchain, artificial intelligence and autonomous systems?
- Brexit – The latest developments and actions to take now.
- The future of the workplace – The gig economy; worker status and the patchwork career. How can businesses stay ahead of the HR curve?
- Trade secrets in the ideas economy – Is your business watertight?
- Online platforms – Springboard or trapdoor? Liability issues and controlling brand exposure.
Table topic discussions will include:
- Brexit – Issues arising and what your business is doing.
- GDPR – Pseudonymisation, PIA’s, other buzzwords and what they mean in practice.
- Agile working – Challenges in the physically absent workforce and risk around flexible working.
- The consumer’s always right – Consumer rights and how to respond to complaints and claims.
- Trade secrets – Sharing experience of things that shouldn’t have been shared...
We would be delighted if you could join us for this event. If you are interested in attending please email email@example.com by clicking the button below.