13 DECEMBER 2018 - 9.00am to 11.00am (registration and breakfast from 8.30am)
In our interactive immigration update seminar we will guide you through the key changes to immigration law and practice over the past year. We will also look ahead as to what changes to expect in the near future, particularly in relation to Brexit.
We appreciate that a number of businesses may be particularly interested in the Brexit update so this year the seminar will be split into 2 sessions – allowing those who are not impacted by sponsor licence issues to leave after the coffee break.
Session 1 – Brexit update
• How the new EU Settlement scheme is likely to operate
• Is there anything businesses can do to mitigate the impact of Brexit
• What do we know about the possible future of EEA migration to the UK?
Coffee break and networking
Session 2 – Sponsor licence focus
• Reminder of sponsor licence obligations and potential pitfalls, including recent cases
• Recent changes to business immigration law and practice, including significant changes to the way in which applications are processed
• Possible future changes to Tier 2
• Reminder of the limitations of the business visitor route
Who should attend?
HR practitioners/lawyers and others who are involved in operating or overseeing their company’s sponsorship licence as well as those who want to find out more about the likely impact of Brexit in relation to immigration and particularly in relation to employing EEA nationals.
This event is free of charge to attend. Places are limited so please let us know as soon as possible if you are able to attend.