3 APRIL 2019 - 6.30pm to 8.30pm (registration from 6.00pm)
The construction and engineering team at Stevens & Bolton LLP are running a case law update, covering the most important cases over the last year. We will also address the very topical issue of the impact of Brexit on the industry. The cases we have selected are the key decisions those working in the industry need to have at the front of their minds. They include the Court of Appeal decision from the end of last year, which has such a fundamental impact on payment practices.
This will definitely not be a dry legal lecture. We will be relating the legal developments back to practical advice that you can take away with you. Practical, because members of the team have worked in the construction industry and the specialist lawyers are aware of the day to day issues that can arise on projects. We know what works and what doesn't.
This workshop is free to attend and includes refreshments with an opportunity to network with others in the industry.
Topics to be covered:
- Pay now, adjudicate later - getting paid after S&T (UK) Limited v Grove Developments;
- Consultant’s obligations - have you signed up to more than you bargained for?;
- Practical Completion - what does it really mean?;
- Concurrent delay and tricky contract clauses;
- Adjudication Watch - we look at the latest on challenging jurisdiction, enforcing an award and rights of set-off;
- Letters of intent and limitations of liability;
- Brexit – the future is uncertain, but whether it is “deal or no deal” we consider the implications for the industry and cross-border projects.
To book your place, please click on the link below to email Leticia Legarda.