Corporate Disputes Magazine has recently published a mini-roundtable interview with panel experts, Michael Frisby of Stevens & Bolton, Jürgen Dressel of Novartis Pharma AG, Gregory K. Bell of Charles River Associates and George B. Breen of Epstein Becker & Greener who provide insight into the current trends in healthcare and life sciences disputes.
The panel experts give their responses to the following six questions:
- What types of dispute are commonly taking place in the healthcare and life sciences sector? And What do you see a being the underlying cause of the disputes that have taken place in the sector in recent months?
- Can you highlight any key cases in this sector, and what importance they hold?
- Are more parties turning to mediation or arbitration to resolve their disputes in this sector? And Conversely, what steps should parties take if high-stakes litigation is the option pursued?
- In your experience, what are some of the challenges that commonly arise in healthcare and life sciences disputes? And Do these issues influence the way disputes should be handled?
- What advice would you give parties involved in a dispute across multiple jurisdictions? And How does this potentially complicate the process?
- In your opinion, how important is it for healthcare and life sciences companies to have effective strategies and contracts in place to mitigate the risk of disputes arising in the first place?
Click here to read the full article.