Members of Stevens & Bolton's life sciences team recently attended the EU Pharmaceutical Law Forum 2015, in Brussels, Belgium.
The conference is one of the key events for European legal practitioners in the pharmaceutical sector, and was attended by approximately 250 delegates from the leading pharmaceutical companies and law firms.
Competition, IP and regulatory law were covered. Particular hot topics included:
- the continued focus on competition law issues in patent settlement cases (so called ‘pay for delay’);
- competition law as it applies to licensing, discounting and rebate arrangements;
- the anticipated impacts of the Unified Patent Court;
- intellectual property in collaboration and licensing agreements;
- data protection and data privacy issues in a pharmaceutical context; and
- recent revisions to the regulatory framework.
If any of these topics are of interest, or indeed if you would like to discuss other aspects of life sciences law, please do not hesitate to get in touch with a member of the Stevens & Bolton life sciences team.