Fergus advises a mix of lenders and borrowers on a full range of banking and finance matters.
Fergus worked as a paralegal with a Guildford-based high street firm prior to joining Stevens & Bolton in 2019. He is due to commence his training contract in 2020.
Fergus has experience in acquisition finance, real estate finance and asset based lending transactions as well as assisting with the financial aspects of wider corporate M&A transactions.
Recent highlights include assisting with:
- Advising a Lender in connection with the amendment and restatement of an existing facility and negotiating a deed of postponement in respect of shareholder debt (involving instruction and management of overseas counsel)
- Advising a lender in respect of refinancing a borrower’s existing real-estate portfolio;
- Advising a borrower in respect of amending a secured loan facility as part of a wider multi-step demerger transaction
- Advising a Luxembourg entity acting through various subsidiaries with regard to the extension and issue of loan notes issued by overseas companies, coordinating completion across multiple jurisdictions alongside foreign counsel
- Advising lenders in respect of bolt-on property acquisitions under existing facility agreements
Fergus is a committee member of the Guildford Junior Professionals (GJP), a professional networking group aimed at connecting junior professionals who work, live or have clients in Guildford and the surrounding area. He is also an active member of Stevens & Bolton’s corporate social responsibility committee.