Greg’s in-house experience makes him well placed to understand the needs of businesses. Greg has had over a decade's experience in the legal sector, including working in-house supporting legal teams on commercial IP licensing and, in the last six years, working in private practice.
His practice encompasses a wide range of commercial work including licensing arrangements, distribution, agency, outsourcing, trading agreements, terms and conditions of sale and purchase, sponsorship agreements, IT agreements (such as technology outsourcings and software platforms), advertising issues and consumer law. He also regularly advises on a wide range of regulatory issues including data protection and anti-bribery and sector specific regulation.
Greg joined Stevens & Bolton in 2018.
In his career as a commercial lawyer Greg has worked for both an international petrochemical licensor in the oil and gas industry and has subsequently completed a one year client secondment as UK Legal Counsel with an FMCG company.
Recent highlights include:
- Advising a well-known FMCG brand on a five year sponsorship deal with a major UK festival
- Drafting and negotiating a five year exclusive product supply and sponsorship deal with a major football club for a client in the FMCG sector
- Advising a client on the launch of a new website for the sale of products to consumers, including advising on the terms and conditions of sale and data privacy aspects
- Negotiating and drafting commercial licences for the exploitation of IP.
- Providing regulatory advice to a client in relation to the sale, marketing and labelling of wine products in the UK
- Advising a client in relation to the requirements for direct marketing under the General Data Protection Regulation and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations
- Assisting an investment fund to put in place contracts for the provision of services by third parties to assist with acquisitions for the fund
- Negotiating a SaaS agreement for a client in relation to a software application which facilitated prospective employee job applications
Gregory is a member of the firm’s entrepreneur sector group, retail sector group and data protection practice. He has authored a number of articles on data protection, retail, IT, regulatory and general commercial matters.