Jane advises a wide range of clients, large and small, on contentious and non-contentious construction issues.
Jane joined Stevens & Bolton in 2019 after a career break, having previously been a partner at a City law firm.
Jane acts for a wide range of clients, from private individuals to developers and contractors.
Jane advises on building contracts, professional appointments and the construction aspects of property transactions including development agreements and agreements for lease.
She also handles adjudications, arbitrations and litigation, and is a firm believer in the imaginative use of ADR to resolve disputes.
Recent highlights include:
- Dealing with adjudication over the refurbishment of an office building
- Handling adjudication in relation to the fit out of a care home
- Advising on disputes arising out of construction contracts relating to the refurbishment and fit out of office and warehouse buildings
- Advising private clients on disputes with building contractors
- Dealing with construction aspects of the agreement for lease for a warehouse
- Advising a housebuilder on potential claims against a contractor
- Advising on the construction aspects of residential property transactions
Jane blogs regularly on construction law issues.