Lucinda joined Stevens & Bolton in 2018 having previously spent several years as an associate at leading City firm, DLA Piper.
Lucinda is both a commercial and criminal litigation specialist and has experience advising clients on a broad range of commercial disputes.
Prior to joining Stevens & Bolton, Lucinda’s practice focused on white collar crime relating to the corporate sector. She advised clients on regulatory and internal investigations, compliance and risk, with particular reference to corruption, fraud and tax matters. She has a great deal of expertise in relation to the handling of investigations and prosecutions by Government agencies such as the Serious Fraud Office and HM Revenue & Customs.
Recent experience includes:
- Acting for two directors of a professional advisory firm in relation to a major UK tax fraud investigation and prosecution.
- Advising a global engineering, construction and services company on a worldwide corruption investigation into the bribery of government officials in Nigeria.
- Representing three individuals (often referred to as the “NatWest Three”) in the first extradition request under Part Two of the Extradition Act 2003.
- Bringing a private prosecution against a corporate and three individuals on charges of gross negligence manslaughter.
- Advising corporate entities on corporate governance issues, including due diligence and compliance programmes in accordance with the requirements of UK regulatory guidance.