Luke is a commercial lawyer, advising on a range of commercial, contract, data protection, regulatory, procurement, franchising, and IT matters.
Luke trained at Stevens & Bolton before qualifying into the commercial team. Luke has spent time on secondment at two global clients in the manufacturing and food sectors where he gained valuable in-house experience of data protection, commercial contracts and regulatory matters.
Luke works across a range of sectors, including insurance, food, retail and technology.
Recent highlights include:
- Advising a leading private security company on a range of data protection issues including advising on data protection compliance arrangements and responding to a subject access requests in the context of a dispute
- Helping a sports company to analyse potential risk by carrying out commercial due diligence on a target business and amending the target’s trading terms post completion
- Assisting Samsung SDS to negotiate a more favourable contract for the procurement of specialist IT services
- Providing regulatory legal training to Bakkavor plc’s in-house legal team
- Helping a Dutch provider of business and transaction advisory services in the maritime industry to tailor its terms to be effective under English law
- Providing commercial support to a leading insurance broker on its acquisition of a rival
- Advising on the regulatory aspects of establishing a mobile phone take back and trade in scheme including the WEEE Regulations and consumer law compliance
Luke also writes articles on a range of commercial issues, and has been published on Lexology and a Corporate Briefing published by Singlelaw. He is a member of the Society for Computers and Law, sits on the committee of the Guildford Junior Professionals Group, and is a member of the firm’s life sciences group.