Matt advises across the range of work carried out in the commercial practice including commercial contracts, competition, regulatory issues, franchising, IT and data protection.
Matt joined Stevens & Bolton in 2017 and qualified into the commercial team in 2019.
He regularly advises clients in the retail, technology, and franchising sectors and is a member of the firm’s retail sector group. His experience in these sectors includes advising on regulatory, data protection, IT and consumer law issues.
Recent highlights include:
- Advising a French cybersecurity and cloud solutions provider on its English IT subscription terms
- Regularly advising on franchise related issues for a number of franchisor clients including renewals, terminations and resales
- Drafting and preparing a concession agreement between Papa Johns (GB) and MK Dons Football Club for the operation of a kiosk at the Stadium MK
- Advising a fresh food manufacturer on its standard terms of purchase and long-term supply contracts
- Preparing international distribution agreements and a master reseller agreement for a supplier of products across Europe and the Middle East
- Regularly advising an internet service provider in relation to compliance with the UK telecommunications regulatory framework
- Advising a European CBD producer in relation to the regulation of the importation of CBD and CBD products in the UK for sale to consumers
- Providing regulatory advice to a UK logistics provider regarding dual use export control
- Advising a UK charity on its global affiliation arrangements with its network of international charities including helping to prepare a new agreement