Paula advises on a wide range of national and international commercial disputes. She has substantial litigation and arbitration experience.
Paula trained at a well-known international firm and joined Stevens & Bolton in 2010.
Paula’s experience includes obtaining and defending injunctions and freezing orders, challenges to jurisdiction and enforcement of domestic and foreign judgments. She has arbitration experience in London and overseas including Paris and Hong Kong. She advises clients across sectors including aviation and life sciences. Paula provides pragmatic and commercial advice but is a tenacious litigator when required.
Recent highlights include:
- Acting for a large insurer in relation to claims against a former agent relating to the mis-selling of PPI insurance dating back to the 1980s
- Acting for the Dubai operation of a global life sciences business in a dispute with its partner in Saudi Arabia
- Acting for listed global business aviation services company, Gama Aviation, in High Court proceedings against its former owner and director, Dustin Dryden, and companies controlled by him in respect of allegations of breach of various aircraft related agreements
- Acting in a breach of contact claim for the UK subsidiary of an international life sciences company against an Australian pharma company in a Hong Kong based ICC arbitration.
- Acting for the French subsidiary of an international pharmaceutical group in a London ICC arbitration, including pursuing enforcement in Spain under the New York Convention
- Acting for Gama Aviation in High Court proceedings arising out of sums owed for the management of a corporate jet