Shaun provides commercially driven advice on a full range of employment issues, including both contentious and non-contentious matters
He joined Stevens & Bolton in 2015, having previously worked in a leading Thames Valley-based practice.
In addition to a wealth of experience advising on day-to-day HR matters, including performance management, disciplinary and grievance issues, Shaun has a particular focus on the employment aspects of business sales and outsourcing, as well as business restructures and redundancies. He acts for a range of clients, from senior executives and start-up companies to established SMEs and large multinationals, across various sectors.
Recent highlights include:
- Advising a UK plc on the employment aspects of its strategic acquisition of a target business, undertaking a major restructuring of its workforce including substantial changes to terms and conditions of employment
- Guiding an international machine manufacturer through a restructuring of its UK business involving a halving of its headcount
- Advising a banking solutions and retail technology business in relation to GDPR compliance and TUPE contract negotiations in the context of outsourcing, as well as providing day-to-day HR advice
- Assisting a technology research company on a range of HR and employee relations issues, including senior departures, employee data privacy, potential relocations, homeworking arrangements and flexible benefits
- Advising an automotive company on breach of restrictive covenants by a former design engineer
Shaun regularly writes for a variety of HR publications and is a member of he firm’s entrepreneurs sector group.