Our PENSIONS team has a deep knowledge and extensive practice in all aspects of pensions law
Our pensions practice is a developing area of the firm with a highly experienced and technically able head of department.
The practice covers the full range of pension advice in recognition of the differing needs of clients in an evolving arena.
Typical services include advising on:
- Liability reduction in relation to defined benefit schemes
- Automatic enrolment and compliance with the new employer duties
- Scheme governance and investment duties in relation to defined benefit and defined contribution schemes
- The day-to-day running of occupational defined benefit and defined contribution pension schemes and preparing related deeds
- Pensions-related claims and disputes, including internal dispute resolution, pensions ombudsman claims and court proceedings
- Scheme funding and the statutory funding regime
- The Pension Protection Fund and contingent assets
- The pensions elements in corporate transactions, including the Pensions Regulator’s anti-avoidance powers and statutory debts
- Buy-out and winding-up of pension schemes
- Errors in the drafting of pension scheme rules