EEA Rights
  1. EEA Rights


    EEA nationals and their accompanying non-EEA family members have an initial right of residence in the UK for 3 months.

    After this initial period, the EEA national must then be exercising a Treaty right in the UK such as working, studying, self-employment, job seeking or being self-sufficient.

    We highly recommend that EEA nationals and their family members take advice on the potential impact of Brexit.

    We regularly advise both EEA nationals and their family members in relation to obtaining EEA residence documentation such as EEA family permits or EEA Residence Cards to evidence their right to reside in the UK.

    After 5 years in the UK, many EEA nationals and their family members may have obtained permanent residence (i.e. settlement). We assist with the application for obtaining the permanent residence as advising on a further application for naturalisation as a British citizen.

    The team is also experienced in advising on more complex EEA rights deriving from caselaw such as non-EEA family members accompanying their British family to the UK after a period of residence in another EEA member state (Surinder Singh) or EEA derivative rights such as those caring for a British citizen or a financially self-sufficient EEA-national child.

        • Brexit
        • Employment
        • Franchising
        • Immigration
        • +44 (0)1483 734270
        • Guildford
        • View profile
        • Brexit
        • Immigration
        • Life sciences
        • +44 (0)1483 734243
        • Guildford
        • View profile
        • Immigration
        • +44 (0)1483406974
        • View profile
  2. News


    COVID-19 concession extended

    Right to rent - update

    Brexit checklist for employers

    Brexit update - where are we now?

    New Global Talent visa proposed

    EU Settlement Scheme - update


    Immigration Update - March 2020

    Immigration Update - December 2019

    Immigration Update - July 2019

    Immigration Update - April 2019

    Immigration Update - February 2019

    Immigration Update - January 2019

    Immigration Update - July 2018

    Immigration Update - April 2018

    Briefing Notes

Search our site