Stevens & Bolton LLP’s insurance team advises clients, including policyholders, insurers, brokers, agents and loss adjusters on a wide range of insurance issues.
Our work includes contentious and non-contentious advice on areas such as:
- Policy wording and interpretation
- Coverage issues (including non-disclosure, misrepresentation and breach of warranty)
- Recovery work and subrogation claims
- Handling underlying claims
- Duties, rights and obligations of brokers and other agents
- Commercial advice and drafting
- Advice on corporate governance, re-organisation, business sales and purchases
We advise on various classes of insurance business including trade and export credit risk, business interruption, professional indemnity, construction and property risk, public liability, environmental risk, legal expenses, life and health cover and TMT risk.
Partner Michael Frisby who leads our insurance team is commended in Chambers UK for his “extremely thorough grasp of insurance law”. Another member of the team, Valerie Fogleman is also a professor of law at Cardiff University where she teaches insurance law to LLM students.