We advise sellers and buyers in transactions where the seller or target company face financial difficulties which necessitate quick sales or other restructurings.
The key attributes required in such transactions are fast response times, round the clock availability, a good support team and above all a commercial and pragmatic approach.
Quick, cost-effective and practical advice; everything you would want from a law firm
Examples of areas of work undertaken are:
- Distressed sales of businesses or subsidiaries, acting for sellers or buyers
- Sales out of administration and administrative receivership for insolvency practitioners such as BDO, Grant Thornton, PriceWaterhouseCoopers and RSM
- Purchases out of insolvency by management teams, trade buyers or private equity-backed buyers
- Advising lenders or creditors on debt to equity transactions
- Corporate advice for directors and shareholders on the potential impact of insolvency law and advice as to duties in the face of a threat of insolvency (together with the insolvency team)
- Corporate advice for companies undergoing a restructuring or turn-around process
- Advising on corporate law issues during any insolvency process (including administrations, administrative receiverships, LPA receiverships, company voluntary arrangements, members voluntary liquidations or creditors voluntary liquidations)