Our team of property dispute lawyers provides practical legal advice on all types of disputes relating to land and property, and undertakes property-related litigation in the civil courts and tribunals.
We also, where appropriate, explore alternative means of resolving disputes such as mediation.
Stevens & Bolton LLP’s ‘outstanding’ team provides ‘pragmatic, sensible advice’ and is ‘highly pro-active, with a great depth of knowledge and insight into its clients’ needs’.
THE LEGAL UK
Areas of specialism include:
- Landlord and tenant disputes, including:
- disputes relating to the interpretation of leases
- lease renewal proceedings under the Landlord & Tenant Act 1954
- rent reviews
- remedies for non-payment of rent, including forfeiture of leases and advice on guarantees and surety liability
- claims relating to breaches of lease covenants, including unauthorised assignments, sub-lettings and alterations
- service charge disputes
- Development disputes and other contractual disputes relating to commercial and residential property
- Rights to light disputes
- Insolvency matters with a property angle, including tenant insolvency
- Land ownership including adverse possession and co-ownership disputes
- Compulsory purchase
- Restrictive covenants
- Eviction of squatters from commercial and residential property
- Public and private rights over land including rights of way and other easements and rights of common (including town and village green applications)
- Boundary disputes (commercial and residential)
- Professional negligence involving property professionals
- Property options, including pre-emption rights and break clauses
- Matters before the First-tier Tribunal (Property Chamber) and Upper Tribunal (Lands Chamber).
They have the ability to offer strategic advice plus have energy and commitment