Our team of property dispute lawyers provides practical legal advice on all types of disputes relating to land and property, and undertakes property-related litigation in the civil courts and tribunals.
We also, where appropriate, explore alternative means of resolving disputes such as mediation.
Stevens & Bolton LLP’s ‘outstanding’ team provides ‘pragmatic, sensible advice’ and is ‘highly pro-active, with a great depth of knowledge and insight into its clients’ needs’.
THE LEGAL 500
Areas of specialism include:
- Landlord and tenant disputes, including:
- disputes relating to the interpretation of leases
- lease renewal proceedings under the Landlord & Tenant Act 1954
- rent reviews
- remedies for non-payment of rent, including forfeiture of leases and advice on guarantees and surety liability
- claims relating to breaches of lease covenants, including unauthorised assignments, sub-lettings and alterations
- service charge disputes
- Development disputes and other contractual disputes relating to commercial and residential property
- Rights to light disputes
- Insolvency matters with a property angle, including tenant insolvency
- Land ownership including adverse possession and co-ownership disputes
- Compulsory purchase
- Restrictive covenants
- Eviction of squatters from commercial and residential property
- Public and private rights over land including rights of way and other easements and rights of common (including town and village green applications)
- Boundary disputes (commercial and residential)
- Professional negligence involving property professionals
- Property options, including pre-emption rights and break clauses
- Matters before the First-tier Tribunal (Property Chamber) and Upper Tribunal (Lands Chamber).
They have the ability to offer strategic advice plus have energy and commitment
For those commercial property occupiers requiring assistance with your property needs, please click here for further information.