The construction and engineering team at Stevens & Bolton LLP are running a case law update, covering the most important cases over the last year and addressing the very topical consequences of insolvency. The selected cases are those working in the industry need to have at the front of their minds.
This will definitely not be a dry legal lecture. We will be relating the legal developments back to practical advice that you can take away with you. Practical, because members of the team have worked in the construction industry and are aware of the day to day issues that can arise on projects. We know what works and what doesn't.
This workshop is free to attend and includes refreshments with an opportunity to network with others in the industry.
Topics to be covered:
- Life after Carillion – insolvency – the consequences and ways to minimise exposure;
- Design obligations – what have you agreed to?
- Extensions of time;
- The latest payment decisions – don’t get caught out;
- Adjudication – we look at recovering costs, challenging jurisdiction and enforcing an award where a party is insolvent;
- Declaratory relief – asking the right question and using the correct process;
- The role of Performance bonds and indemnities in claims.
If you are interested in attending please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.