Members of Stevens & Bolton’s retail team recently attended the 2nd Annual Retail Law Forum hosted by Practical Law in association with Thomson Reuters.
In what was an extremely informative and interactive day, the Forum provided in-house counsel and other legal practitioners an invaluable opportunity to hear from senior counsel from well-known retail brands, as well as leading law firms in this area, on the latest developments in law affecting the retail world.
Topics covered were:
- the latest developments and risk areas in outsourcing and supply contracts and strategies for dealing with these;
- employment issues;
- enforcing a code of conduct and ethics across the supply chain;
- compliance in customer engagement and the use of social media;
- data protection staying compliant;
- reputation management;
- competition law; and
- international expansion and the different routes to market.
The day not only highlighted the growing challenges facing retailers in an age of rapid technological developments and the demands of engaging increasingly demanding fickle consumers, but also the need to manage risk with well-prepared strategies.
Our specialist retail team can advise on all of the above areas (as well as others). If you wish to have an initial chat or if you require further information please contact a member of the Stevens & Bolton retail team.