Stevens & Bolton LLP's Head of Franchising, Nicola Broadhurst, along with partner Kate Matthews have been invited to speak at The Franchise Show at ExCel in London on the 24th-25th of February 2012.
They will be providing the following two seminars:
'Buying a Franchise - what to consider and what to expect from the franchise agreement', will cover:
- The key checks to run on a franchisor before signing on the dotted line
- A summary of the main legal terms found in most franchise agreements
- A brief analysis of the main areas of dispute that commonly arise in a franchise context and ways to avoid them.
'International Expansion – choosing the right legal structure ', will cover:
- Short analysis of the most common methods of expansion i.e. agency, distribution, licensing and franchising
- Focus on the various methods of international franchising: master franchise, area developer, joint venture, direct franchise
- The pros and cons of each
Nicola advises both franchisors looking to franchise their existing businesses or expand their franchise offering and franchisees looking to acquire franchises. She is experienced in assisting clients to franchise internationally and in advising clients importing franchises into the UK. She is the firm’s representative for the British Franchise Association and is ranked in the top band for Franchising in the UK by Chambers Legal Directory.
Kate has specialised in managing franchising disputes for over 18 years, acting for a number of national and international franchisor and franchisee household names. She has broad experience of all levels of courts and stages of litigation, including injunctive relief and seeks to use ADR techniques including mediation and arbitration where appropriate. She continues to advise on risk and reward to businesses seeking to franchise their existing business or expand their franchise offering internationally both importing Franchises into the UK and exporting their business models abroad.
The seminar is part of a two-day conference programme, further details of which can be found on The Franchise Show website.