Stevens & Bolton is proud to support SETsquared Surrey, part of the world’s number 1 university incubator in partnership with the Universities of Bath, Bristol, Exeter, Southampton and Surrey. Since its creation in 2002, SETsquared Surrey has worked with over 190 companies, creating over 500 jobs and helping to generate over £133m of investment.
Based at the Surrey Technology Park, one of the most successful science parks in Europe, the SETsquared Surrey incubator offers exceptional, in-depth business support to entrepreneurs of tech-based companies seeking to achieve rapid, sustainable growth. The incubator is currently working to establish sector-focused networks to further support scale-up companies. Benefits of SETsquared Surrey membership include:
- Access to a pool of over 20 mentors who provide their time for free
- Expert advice, training and support from the in-house ‘Entrepreneurs in Residence’
- Access to the University of Surrey facilities, researchers and students
- Networking opportunities
- Free one-to-one clinics with a range of specialist practitioners including legal, IP, finance and marketing advice
- Option to include office space at the Surrey Research Park
- Guidance on sources of investor funding, from SETsquared run investment events to the University of Surrey’s own angel investment network, the S100 Club
The S100 Club is the only angel investment group attached to SETsquared. As a result, the members are usually first to see pitches from some of the UK’s most exciting start-ups, many of which are at a sufficiently early stage not only to have sensible valuations, but also to offer generous tax relief opportunities, in particular SEIS.
Membership is by invitation to people who understand the financial risks involved and are keen to help exciting young businesses grow into significant employers and contributors to society (a typical angel investment is between £10,000 and £100,000). If you think you'd like to become an real-life dragon, then the S100 Club, who meet bi-monthly at Surrey University, are keen to meet you.
To apply or find out more information about SETsquared Surrey please visit www.setsquared.co.uk/surrey
To become an angel investor please contact the S100 Club at www.s100.co.uk to register with the club and receive an invitation to the next event.