Alex has experience in a wide range of commercial property matters including development projects, the acquisition and disposal of investment property and advising companies in relation to their occupational requirements.
Alex trained and qualified at a Magic Circle firm. He joined Stevens & Bolton as a partner in 2016.
Alex’s experience includes development and regeneration work and he is regularly asked to provide advice on complicated option, promotion and overage arrangements. He also acts for clients on the purchasing, selling and management of investment properties as well as advice on landlord and tenant matters including the letting of offices, retail premises and industrial units.
Recent highlights include:
- Acting for a residential developer on the acquisition of a site in London for the development of circa 250 flats and leaseback of part of the site to the seller
- Advising on the redevelopment of an educational college in South West London
- Acting for a recently set up investment fund in connection with the purchase of multi-let office and retail buildings with acquisition values between £3m - £12m
- Advising a number of different London developers on the acquisition of various sites for residential and commercial development including the onward sales and lettings of the units
- Advising a commercial property developer on the purchase of an existing leisure park for investment and potential future development purposes
- Advising on a number of multi-million pound town centre regeneration projects (including the acquisition of such sites, subsequent development and onward letting of the built scheme)
- Advising a global technology company on their office and retail premises with rental values between £250k and £3m per annum
- Advising on the funding, development and acquisition of a Grade II listed hotel to be converted into a nurse-supported holiday respite centre. The transaction also involved a leaseback for a period of time to allow continuity of the current business