Andrew is a commercial disputes lawyer with extensive experience and a track record of achieving successful outcomes for a range of clients.
He joined Stevens & Bolton in 1997 having qualified at and spent several years with a leading City firm, becoming a partner in 2000.
Particular areas of expertise include advising on disputes arising from corporate transactions, professional negligence and franchising arrangements.
Recent highlights include:
- Acting in High Court proceedings for the lender on a USD20m claim under an English law facility agreement and on its defence of the borrower’s USD60m counterclaim
- Acting in ICC arbitration proceedings for a German manufacturer of steel plate defending claims worth up to USD100m by a Russian buyer
- Acting in two sets of High Court proceedings for a major operator of private jets on claims for recovery of management and maintenance charges and associated counterclaims
- Acting for buyers under an SPA on a £5m claim against sellers for breach of warranties and in relation to associated seller earn-out entitlement
- Acting for multi-national restaurant franchisor on claims brought by multi-store franchisee for alleged misrepresentation and breach of contract
- Acting for Slovak lawyer in Commercial Court proceedings brought in relation to a private equity buyer claim for £5m resulting from a company acquisition made in Slovakia
Andrew is is ranked in Chambers UK and is a qualified solicitor-advocate. He serves as the firm’s money laundering reporting officer.