Charlotte is a very experienced intellectual property lawyer who supports clients with the protection and exploitation of the full range of intellectual property rights, with a particular interest in the life sciences.
Charlotte trained and qualified into the IP team of a City law firm. She joined Stevens & Bolton’s IP practice in 2008 and became a partner in 2016. Charlotte completed a Postgraduate Diploma in Intellectual Property Law in 2006 and has gained valuable experience through secondments at both The Coca-Cola Company and a global biotechnology company.
Charlotte’s practice focuses on advising global companies, start-ups and individuals on IP licensing, research and joint development agreements, IP restructuring and transactional work. Her extensive experience on contentious matters includes trade mark and passing off disputes, copyright and designs litigation and pharmaceutical patent litigation as well as actions involving breach of confidence and defamation. Charlotte has a particular interest in life sciences, and her technical background has assisted her with work in this sector over the past 16 years. As head of life sciences, Charlotte leads the firm’s work in this sector.
Recent highlights include:
- Supporting a global biotechnology company with IP licensing, including negotiating complex cross-border patent and know-how licence agreements with major pharmaceutical companies
- Advising life sciences companies on various collaboration and IP agreements with academic institutions, and supporting clients with material transfer agreements, technology transfer agreements and research agreements
- Advising on disputes relating to confidential licensed know-how and the payment of royalties under licenced IP for medicinal products
- Advising an international pharmaceutical company on complex patent and SPC regulatory issues
- Representing an international oil and gas client on a copyright infringement dispute in the English High Court
Chambers UK lists Charlotte as a ‘Leading Individual’, and she is also recognised as a ‘Next Generation’ lawyer by The Legal 500 and as a leading practitioner by World Trademark Review.
Charlotte writes regularly for a range of legal and industry publications including PLC, Journal of Intellectual Property Law & Practice, European Intellectual Property Review and leading industry publications such as The Pharma Letter, PharmaIQ, PharmaTimes and European Biopharmaceutical Review. She is a member of INTA, AIPPI, the BioIndustry Association and the Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry.