Claire is a construction specialist who advises on a wide range of contentious and non-contentious construction related matters.
Claire returned to Stevens & Bolton in 2021 following a career break, having previously joined in 2015. Prior to this she worked in the City providing specialist construction advice to some of the UK’s largest insurers, having trained and qualified in-house with a large engineering consultancy. Claire is a holder of the prestigious MSc in Construction Law and Dispute Resolution from Kings College London.
Claire’s expertise covers a wide range of construction related matters, including advising on standard form and bespoke contracts, as well as adjudication, litigation and various forms of alternative dispute resolution (ADR). Claire has experience working both in-house and with construction insurers, as well as with construction professionals, consultants, contractors and employers, giving her a unique insight into how different areas of the industry operate, which she is able to utilise when advising clients.
Recent highlights include:
- Advising a number of subcontractors in relation to defective cladding claims
- Representing a developer in an adjudication with the main contractor over a fee dispute
- Advising a developer in relation to defects and disputes under a JCT contract
- Advising contractors, developers and commercial clients in relation to new-build, renovation and fit-out projects
- Advising in relation to the development of a new multimillion pound manufacturing premises
Claire has been recognised as a key lawyer in The Legal 500.
Claire regularly writes articles on current construction topics and has been published in a number of external journals, including Expert Witness Journal.