Gwilym advises on both contentious and non-contentious construction law. He acts for consultants, contractors and all users of construction services from private individuals to international corporations in negotiating contracts for developments as well as conducting dispute resolution and due diligence for prospective purchasers and investors.
Gwilym joined Stevens & Bolton in 2018. Prior to qualifying as a solicitor in 2013 Gwilym worked in the City for one of the UK’s largest insurers specialising in professional indemnity insurance.
Gwilym advises on a broad range of development from small but complex refurbishments for high-net-worth individuals, through to larger developments for the life sciences and commercial retail sectors, providing support to the client from tender to post-completion stages.
In dispute resolution Gwilym advises clients undergoing adjudication, domestic arbitration and litigation in both the Technology and Construction Court and County Courts. He also advises contractors and developers on projects in difficulty in order to achieve early resolution of potential disputes. Gwilym has particular experience in claims against consultants for professional negligence
Recent highlights include:
- Preparing the contracts for the relocation and refurbishment of the UK headquarters of an international telecommunications company and providing ongoing advice to the client’s management team
- Acting for a 5 star rated London hotel in defending an adjudication brought by a contractor
- Acting for a high-net-worth individual in a private arbitration against a firm of architects and its professional indemnity insurer
- Advising a UK high street bank on lending on a development that is part way through the construction phase
- Advising a contractor who had taken over an existing site from the former incumbent of its rights to claim extensions of time and loss and expense under an amended JCT contract