James is an experienced corporate lawyer who advises public and private companies, asset managers and entrepreneurs on a broad range of corporate and commercial transactions, both domestic and cross-border.
James joined Stevens & Bolton in 2017 having spent his early career at a City law firm where he qualified in 2008.
Recent highlights include advising:
- Rock Rail on its equity co-investments in over £1.75bn of rolling stock financing projects for the South Western, East Midlands and West Coast rail franchises
- Bakkavor Group plc on its strategic acquisitions of Haydens Bakery from Real Good Food plc and Blueberry Foods from Samworth Brothers
- A leading gases supplier on the sale of its specialist respiratory care centre to a private equity backed care provider
- Ardonagh Group, Broker Network and Stackhouse Poland on acquisitions of numerous insurance brokers and related businesses
- A UK entertainment start up on its joint venture with a Nasdaq quoted media and entertainment company
- International Schools Partnership on its acquisition of Claremont School