James has a wide range of experience in all manner of commercial real estate transactions, including acting for landowners and developers in the acquisition and disposal of development sites, as well as landlord and tenant and leasehold management work.
Following qualification in 2016, James worked in the real estate team of a top 50 law firm, before moving to Stevens & Bolton in 2019.
James regularly acts on behalf of landowners and developers in respect of the acquisition and disposal of development sites and has experience in negotiating conditional contracts, option agreements and promotion agreements. James also assists investors in purchasing, selling and management of investment properties and has experience in advising landlords and tenants in respect of the letting of office, retail and industrial space.
Recent highlights include:
- Negotiating an agreement for lease on behalf of a global technology company in respect of its move to new offices in the City of London
- Advising a healthcare fund on its property and asset management projects
- Advising a local authority in respect of the conditional disposal of strategic land to an affordable housing provider
- Acting on behalf of a global events company in the negotiation of an agreement for lease for a major office move
- Assisting the firm’s corporate team with the group reorganisation of real estate assets for a multi-national corporation
- Advising landowners and developers on all aspects of strategic land acquisition and disposal