Jo advises on a wide range of real estate transactions including acquisitions and disposals, leasehold management, development and real estate finance.
Jo joined Stevens & Bolton in 2018 from London where her experience included three years at a leading real estate law firm.
Jo regularly acts on behalf of investors in respect of the sales, acquisitions and management of commercial properties. Jo also has experience in advising landlords and tenants in respect of the occupational lettings of office, retail and industrial properties. As the real estate advisor for Stevens & Bolton’s insurance sector group, Jo has advised a number of clients on lettings within the vicinity of Leadenhall Street, London.
Since joining Stevens & Bolton, Jo has gained experience in acting for developers in respect of the acquisition of freehold and leasehold development sites with conditional sale agreements, pre-let agreements, option agreements and overage deeds.
Recent highlights include:
- Acting for a local real estate investor in the acquisition of mixed-use office, industrial and retail properties for investment purposes ranging from £3m - £40m and the ongoing leasehold management aspects of the acquired properties
- Representing a regional commercial developer with the ongoing asset management of an industrial estate including procuring sufficient exit provisions to permit the future re-development and sale of the estate
- Advising a residential development company on the acquisition of land for redevelopment and negotiating sale agreements conditional on planning being obtained
- Acting for a commercial property developer on the purchase of development sites and the redevelopment to retail use together with pre-let agreements to high-street retail tenants
- Advising a client in the energy sector on the acquisition and development of sites for use as gas-fuelled peaking electricity generation stations
- Representing a bank on the refinance of multimillion pound property portfolio consisting of seven industrial business parks across England and Wales.
- Acting for a leading national advertising company in the negotiation of a new headlease of advertising hoarding at a shopping centre in Cardiff