Jonathan advises clients on a wide range of finance, M&A and other corporate transactions.
Jonathan is head of the firm’s international practice group as well as head of the banking and finance practice. He trained and became partner at a Magic Circle firm before joining Stevens & Bolton in 2002.
He has a broad practice encompassing a wide range of debt finance including real estate finance, acquisition finance, asset finance and trade finance. He also advises on M&A and corporate matters, particularly where there is an international dimension.
His client base is extremely varied, ranging from large listed and international corporates, and UK and international lenders, through to owner-managed businesses and fund portfolio companies.
Recent highlights include:
- Advising ICP Nurseries on its buy and build acquisition programme in the children’s nursery sector
- Advising Fuller Smith & Turner on its corporate acquisitions and disposals over a number of years
- Advising a club of lenders on the refinancing of a pan-African trade finance facility for an international commodity export business and its group companies
- Advising a European leisure group on refinancing of its facilities during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Advising a global electronics brand on an ongoing basis on supply chain finance and security arrangements
- Advising a major car leasing company on senior debt facilities and ongoing amendment of those facilities
Jonathan is top ranked in Chambers UK and a “Leading Individual” in The Legal 500 for banking and finance. He is also listed by the publication “Legal Experts” as an expert in banking and finance work.
He is a regular contributor to the Journal of International Banking and Finance Law and to Practical Law Company (PLC).