Katie deals with a wide range of commercial and corporate disputes through arbitration in the High Court. She is an expert in minority shareholder oppression.
Katie trained at Stevens & Bolton and joined the dispute resolution practice in 2002 on qualification. She became a senior associate in 2008.
Katie regularly advises as lead associate on major commercial disputes and corporate litigation, especially in the field of minority shareholder oppression.
Recent highlights include:
- Defending clients in a high value LCIA arbitration in respect of claims (and successfully pursuing a counterclaim) arising from the sale of their business to a US corporate owned by a high profile US tech entrepreneur
- Advising a FTSE100 company on a major commercial dispute in High Court proceedings
- Advising the shareholders of Greenlight Credit Ltd in a closely fought shareholder dispute, involving allegations of fraud and manipulation in the independent valuation of a departing shareholder’s shares
- Advising the members of a LLP in an arbitration to resolve a claim made following the withdrawal of a member
- Advising the petitioning shareholder in a company providing pension trustee services in relation to his exclusion from management, the diversion of corporate opportunities and assets and a failure by the major shareholder to abide by the shareholders agreements
- Acting in a long-running shareholder dispute relating to businesses encompassing multiple jurisdictions including Australia, the Seychelles, Malaysia and the Cayman Islands
Katie co-edits Business Bridge, written for busy entrepreneurs; providing commentary and interviews on current legal and commercial issues affecting growing businesses. Katie has also written articles for Real Business, Startacus, Entrepreneur & Investor and MinuteHack.