Lorna advises clients on a wide range of contentious work and has experience acting in relation to commercial litigation, international arbitration and alternative dispute resolution.
Lorna joined Stevens & Bolton in 2014 as a trainee solicitor and qualified into the dispute resolution practice in 2016.
Lorna deals with a variety of contentious matters, and has advised on disputes arising from commercial contracts, corporate transactions, franchising arrangements, commercial agency agreements and allegations of professional negligence. She has also acted for clients in institutional and ad hoc international arbitration, and undertakes general commercial advisory work.
Recent highlights include:
- Acting for listed global business aviation services company, Gama Aviation, in High Court proceedings against its former owner and director, Dustin Dryden, and companies controlled by him in respect of allegations of breach of various aircraft related agreements
- Successfully defending a pre-action disclosure application brought against a national distribution company in relation to a framework sales agreement
- Successfully defending a property management company in court proceedings for a contractual damages claim brought by a former pensions adviser
- Advising a Spanish manufacturing company in relation to threatened injunctive relief and court proceedings with their UK distributor arising from distribution and agency agreements
- Acting for an international luxury retail brand in relation to termination of its distribution arrangements in Italy and advising on subsequent court proceedings
Lorna is a qualified solicitor advocate.