Lucy joined Stevens & Bolton in 2015 having trained and worked as a restructuring and insolvency lawyer at a City law firm. Lucy has extensive experience in the sphere of finance, restructuring and insolvency.
She has a particular interest in insolvency-related litigation, including pursuing claims against former directors, fraud-related claims, applications for and in the context of administration, applications for recognition of foreign insolvency proceedings, CVA challenges and a wide range of bankruptcy-related applications. Lucy also regularly advises on out-of-court and non-contentious issues including advising directors of distressed companies, strike off and restoration, members’ voluntary liquidation, corporate simplification, advising on validity and enforcement of security and guarantees, regulatory issues and the appointment of receivers.
Lucy worked for 18 months as a senior knowledge lawyer supporting the finance, restructuring and insolvency practice group, during which time she provided specialist technical legal support to the team and expanded her knowledge of the finance side of the practice.
Recent experience includes:
- Acting for an insurance company on the proposed implementation of a scheme of arrangement, including drafting scheme documents and supporting witness evidence
- Advising on obtaining recognition of two provisional liquidations in Botswana and Bermuda in the UK under the Cross Border Insolvency Regulations 2006
- Acting for administrators appointed by the FCA in relation to a peer-to-peer lending platform and advising on enforcement of security, realisation of assets, claims against third parties and issues around the priority of creditor claims
- Launching an application to challenge a complex CVA involving indebtedness of EUR 5 billion euro across a worldwide group
- Pursuing claims on behalf of the Trustees in Bankruptcy of two bankrupts who sought to put their property into a sham trust in order to defraud their creditors
Lucy is ranked as a "Rising Star" in Legal 500 and is a regular contributor to various legal and industry publications such as Practical Law, the Journal of International Banking and Financial Law, LexisPSL, Fraud Intelligence and the World Financial Review. She has also been quoted in a number of media outlets including The Times, City AM, and the i newspaper.