Our BANKING & FINANCE team operates at the highest level, providing all the knowledge and experience you could need in a commercial and digestible way
Asset Finance and Asset Based Lending
We act in relation to a range of asset backed lending transactions, including:
- receivables finance;
- lease and hire purchase arrangements;
- trade and commodity finance;
- supply chain finance;
- structured finance and tax-based transactions.
This area of our work covers a wide variety of asset classes, and we appreciate the practical and operational issues that financing these different assets presents, as well as the legal structures and concepts that are typically employed on such transactions.
The team has high levels of relevant industry experience
The LEGAL 500 UK
We act for borrowers and lenders (including specialist commercial finance providers) in relation to asset finance transactions. We are happy to be involved from the outset of a deal to assist with identifying the most appropriate solution for the individual parties involved. We work with clients to understand the drivers behind the deal, recognising that asset finance may be required for general working capital or for a specific purpose or event such as an M&A transaction.
- Representing a commodities importer on a £100 million syndicated receivables finance facility
- Advising a lender on £2.5 million invoice discounting facilities to be used for the acquisition of a recruitment business
- Drafting finance lease and hire purchase documentation for a new market entrant to the renewable energy equipment market