Global Competition Review (GCR) is one of the leading news and analysis publications in the area of competition law and publishes in-depth guides across more than 100 jurisdictions. GCR’s October 2022 publication Guide to Life Sciences is a practical guidance which is particularly useful for in-house counsel in the life sciences sector, an industry facing increasingly global issues but with still diverging solutions of national authorities. The Guide draws on the expertise of distinguished practitioners globally to provide essential guidance on diverse subjects from around the world.
- Relevant regulatory developments, including the adoption of the National Security & Investment Act and Covid-19 related matters
- Main merger control developments/matters, including the approach to so-called "killer acquisitions"
- Main infringement proceedings, including:
- key enforcement cases in relation to cartels/anticompetitive agreements, including "pay-for delay" cases
- key enforcement cases in relation to abuse of dominance, including excessive pricing and "evergreening"
This chapter is aimed towards any life sciences companies active in the UK and makes essential reading for in-house counsel, as well as commercial teams.