The family team at Stevens & Bolton are pleased to be supporting Resolution’s Good Divorce Week which runs from 30 November - 4 December.
What is Good Divorce Week?
Resolution’s Good Divorce Week is an annual campaign which aims to promote the constructive ways their members can help separating couples. This year the emphasis is on the Resolution "Code of Practice".
Resolution is a community of family justice professionals who commit to a Code of Practice. This promotes a non-confrontational approach to family issues and considers the needs of the whole family, in particular the best interests of children. Resolution also campaign for law reform. Most recently Resolution has succeeded in paving the way for a "no-fault divorce" which is hoped will be in use from autumn 2021.
What is the Code of Practice?
All members sign-up to the Code of Practice that sets out the approach we take to our work, this means Resolution members will:
- Reduce or manage conflict and confrontation.
- Support and encourage families to put the interests of any children first.
- Act with honesty, integrity and objectivity.
- Help clients understand and manage the potential long-term financial and emotional consequences of decisions.
- Listen to and treat everyone with respect and without judgment.
- Use their experience and knowledge to guide clients through the options available to them.
- Continually develop their knowledge and skills.
- Use the Resolution Guides to Good Practice in their day-to-day work.
All members of the family team at Stevens & Bolton are Resolution members.
This year, Resolution has asked its members to commit to providing 30 minutes of free legal advice to those who need it during the Good Divorce Week. We are pleased to confirm that we will offer this service during 30 November – 4 December 2020. Please call 01483 302264 to make an appointment.