An introduction to incorporating green drafting in construction contracts and appointments.
Jane Hughes and Lauren Melnyk discuss how we can help to fight climate change and improve sustainability in the construction industry in this video from our series of short construction webinars. Here, we cover the following issues:
- Is sustainability something that belongs in the technical specification, or in the contract conditions?
- Should we be amending standard contracts to add “green” provisions?
- What sort of amendments can we make, and why?
- Should environmental obligations be aspirational, or can we give them teeth?
To watch our other videos from this series, please use the links below:
- Session 2: Review the health of my supply chain
- Session 3: Get to grips with the interim payment provisions of the Construction Act
- Session 4: Assessing and managing risk
- Session 5: Loss and expense - get your entitlement