Andrew is a versatile, straightforward and proactive finance lawyer who helps clients to lend or borrow money and advises on a wide range of finance transactions.
Andrew trained and worked in the City for over 10 years before joining Stevens & Bolton in 2015. He became a partner in 2019.
Andrew specialises in banking and finance law and transactions. He works with borrowers, funders and other stakeholders on all kinds of finance transactions and deal sizes, and has particular experience in acquisition and leveraged finance, real estate finance, asset based lending and structured finance. Andrew also has experience in financial debt restructurings and derivatives. He advises on the structuring of finance transactions, the drafting and negotiation of loan agreements, intercreditor arrangements, guarantee and security documents and all related agreements.
Clients include high street and challenger banks, investment banks, private equity firms, shareholders, investors and management teams, as well as corporate and individual borrowers across the real estate, financial services, professional services, energy and infrastructure and insurance and technology sectors. Andrew also has a number of good relationships with leading mid-market debt advisers. His work often has an international dimension.
Recent highlights include:
- Advising a UK challenger bank on multiple leveraged finance and property finance transactions
- Advising a recruitment business on the refinancing of its loan facility with a direct lender together with ongoing advisory work on the terms of the financing
- Advising an international bank on a cross-border bank guarantee facility transaction
- Advising a car finance provider on a borrowing base facility with a specialist lender and subsequent advisory work
- Advising a family owned property investment company on multiple real estate financings and refinancings and subsequent advisory work
- Advising a rail infrastructure sponsor/investor on successive rolling stock project finance deals
- Advising high street banks on real estate investment/development property and general corporate loan facilities
- Advising a UK petroleum products and bio-fuel business on acquisition facilities to support the acquisition of a large petrol station retailer and ongoing advice to the borrower group on the terms of that financing
- Advising an IT and technology business on growth debt and equity funding from a US credit fund
- Advising a private equity house on successive debt funded acquisitions and investments
- Advising an international bank on a restructuring of an African hotel project finance deal
Andrew has written articles and practical checklists on banking and finance law and transactions for Practical Law and the Journal of International Banking and Financial Law.
Andrew is listed as a “Next Generation Partner” in The Legal 500.