Ben specialises in all kinds of construction and engineering projects.
Ben trained and worked in the City and a large national firm for over 10 years before joining Stevens & Bolton in 2018. He became a partner in 2020.
Ben specialises primarily in non-contentious construction law. He has wide experience advising clients across a broad range of construction and engineering projects. He advises on procurement, the drafting and negotiation of building contracts, consultant appointments, bonds, guarantees, partnering agreements and framework agreements and the construction aspects of funding agreements, joint ventures, agreements for development and lease. Clients include investors, developers, office occupiers, universities, local authorities, pension funds, banks, contractors and consultants across the retail, real estate, construction, finance, education and manufacturing sectors.
Recent highlights include:
- Advising a major car manufacturer on a project to build a new storage facility at a UK port
- Advising a contractor on a range of construction projects
- Advising an investor on a student accommodation project
- Advising an adult education college on the development of one of its campuses to create new and expanded teaching facilities
- Acting for a fibre optic technology company on the roll out of fibre optic infrastructure at sites across the UK