Elaine advises businesses and individuals on all aspects of intellectual property.
Elaine leads the firm’s brand protection practice and became a Managing Associate in 2020, having trained then qualified at Stevens & Bolton in 2009. In 2011 she obtained the widely-respected Post-Graduate Diploma in Intellectual Property Law and Practice from the University of Oxford.
Elaine has extensive experience of litigating complex IP disputes in the Intellectual Property Enterprise Court, High Court and Court of Appeal. Clients also turn to her for advice on how to protect and monetise their brands, with a particular focus on the fashion, luxury and retail sectors.
Recent highlights include:
- Acting for the world famous Casino de Monte Carlo in UK trade mark infringement actions
- Advising a leading French fashion house in relation to a comparative advertising dispute
- Representing a major UK publisher in the High Court and Court of Appeal in a long-running dispute with a US-based games developer
- Representing a listed food manufacturing company in a High Court claim for breach of confidence, concerning confidential information in secret recipes and food processing techniques
- Obtaining an interim injunction on behalf of a fast-growing UK technology business to prevent the unauthorised use of trade secrets by an ex-employee and shareholder
- Advising leading fashion brands, including Mae Cassidy London and Merah Vodianova, on brand protection issues
- Advising several high profile sports personalities on agency and endorsement contracts and brand protection issues
Elaine is recognised as a “Rising Star” in The Legal 500 and often comments on legal issues affecting the fashion industry in trade publications such as Drapers, as well as in the national press.
She is an active member of The Intellectual Property Lawyers' Organisation (TIPLO), the International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI), the International Trademark Association (INTA), Marques and the Franco-British Lawyers Society.