Our Intellectual Property (IP) team is one of the leading national IP practices and is recognised as such by all of the key national and specialist international IP directories, including Chambers UK, The Legal 500, World Trade Mark Review and Managing IP.
The IP team has extensive litigation experience across the full range of IP rights, including:
- Patent, trade mark, copyright, and design litigation at all levels of the UK courts.
- Confidential information and trade secrets disputes.
- Brand protection and online enforcement.
- Employee competition and business protection disputes.
- Cyber fraud, data breaches and domain name complaints.
- Reputation management, defamation and privacy.
The team also provides strategic IP counselling to businesses of all sizes, including:
- Freedom to operate and clearance advice.
- Advice on strategies for IP protection, registration and exploitation.
- IP licensing – including complex international and intra-group arrangements.
- IP transactions, due diligence and valuation.
- Regulatory advice.
The strength in depth of the team is exceptional and many of our lawyers have scientific backgrounds. The team advises businesses across numerous sectors and has particular expertise in life sciences, technology and media, fashion, food and drink, gaming and sport.
Technical excellence and deep understanding of what we are trying to achieve
The size and strength in depth of the team is exceptional for a firm outside of the City and many of our lawyers have scientific backgrounds, enabling them quickly to understand and advise clients on highly technical and complex disputes.
Our clients come from a wide range of sectors, including: publishing and media; broadcasting; pharmaceuticals and life sciences; consumer goods; telecoms; web development and hosting; software and computer gaming; fashion; music and art and design.
A City standard of service outside of London
We have extensive experience of handling litigation at all levels of the UK courts, as well as managing multi-jurisdiction disputes and working with leading IP practitioners in the overseas territories in which our clients are active. However, an equally important aspect of our work is advising on the effective protection, use and licensing of IP rights to maximise our clients’ commercial advantage and prevent disputes arising.
They are hugely responsive, pragmatic and commercial in advice