James deals with a wide range of corporate, corporate finance and related regulatory work, including mergers and acquisitions, corporate restructurings, private equity transactions, joint ventures, partnership and corporate governance issues.
James is head of the corporate and commercial practice. He began his career at a leading City firm and became a partner at Stevens & Bolton in 2007.
James acts for some of the firm’s larger corporate clients as well as the owners of high-growth companies across a number of sectors (including financial services, technology and distribution/outsourcing) and from start-up through to exit.
Recent highlights include:
- Advising on the sale of specialist insurance broker Stackhouse Poland to Arthur J. Gallagher & Co
- Acquisitions for Bakkavor Group plc of Haydens Bakery from Real Good Food plc and Blueberry Foods from Samworth Brothers
- Numerous UK acquisitions for Bunzl plc
- Advising on a strategic healthcare disposal for BOC
- Acting on the sale of NME and Uncut brands for TI Media
- Advising on the sale of cloud computing firm RedPixie to Hewlett Packard Enterprise
- Advising on the sale of MyVoucherCodes to GoCompare
James is ranked as a leading corporate finance lawyer in the Chambers UK directory.